Rusty and I walked around Millennium and Grant Park on our last day in Chicago. Cool bean. Then met up with Ronnie Z for lunch at Coco’s Famous Deep Fried Lobster. I was excited to check it out, because it said it was famous.

I asked for water, but no water. Not even bottled water. I looked at the choices. Only sodas and Arizona Ice Teas. I was so confused. How does a restaurant not have any water …even if I wanted to pay for it? I almost wanted to say something but then saw the sign, “There will be $5 Charge for Whining” on the wall. I suppose it’s supposed to be humorous, but there’s probably a reason why it’s up there.

I ordered the Deep Fried Lobster ($11.25 for the small). Came with fries and a small cup of cole slaw, ketchup and hot sauce. It was pretty good, but I don’t know if it’s better than non-deep fried lobster. The deep frying is pretty much killing it, right? It’s not much different than fried fish chunks, except for the slight shellfish flavor.

Ronnie Z got a small white rice for $2.25. I don’t know who only orders just a small white rice, but this is how it looks at Coco’s (see below). He had one bite and then we left.

All I can think about is “no water.” And according to the signs out front, “No Public Restrooms” and “No Loitering.” …Alright, I’ll stop whining.

Coco’s Famous Deep Fried Lobster – 426 S Clark St (btwn Van Buren & Congress Pky) Chicago, IL 60605

About The Author

Jason Lam

18 Responses

1. de

It is in гeality a nicе and helpfdul piece of іnformation. I’m glad that you shared this useful information with us.
    Please stay us informed like this. Thank you for shɑring.

2. racial profiling

Why spend time in searching for sample welcome speeches online when you can easily write one yourself.
    The most commonly-used federal tax exemption used for non-profit corporations
    is in Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code,
    which is why most non-profit organizations are referred to as “501(c)(3)” companies.
    A team name needs to be as short and snappy as possible.

3. blumpkin

There are also direct-injected silicone logo treatments on both the front and back that will out-last the competition. Your metabolism isn’t
    identical when you were younger which is probably slowing down. Now
    there is hope that you will see Insomniac on the Playstation 4.

4. commenters

If this answer is a double or triple digit number,
    simplify it by reducing it to a single digit number.
    “Energy Medicine: The Scientific Basis” that the light bulb went on over my
    head… One day about two years ago, I realized that almost all of the concepts,
    science, math and physics presented in his book were not new
    to me. 5 Million or lower, is to leave a comment after I’ve read the
    article.

5. Vasilis Pasparas

I believe that is onne of the most vital into for me.
    And i’m gad studying your article. But should observation on some basic things,
    The site style is ideal, the articles is actually excellent : D.

Just right process, cheers

6. gfdg gwerfwfw

Ι’m glne to tell my little brother, that he should also pay a visit this blog on reɡսlar basis to ɡet updated from latest news.

7. ottawaseo

These are some aspects of Seo as well as simply a professional SEO firm
    could assist you use the best strategy.

8. easy e-z herbal weight loss tea

There you have it, a sure-fire vegetarian weight loss duet plan thwt ANY vegetarian can succeed, only when you
    put itt into full action. Sardines are a wnderful food for anyone
    wanting to lose weight. Some of the most basic advice about
    weight loss is some oof the oldest: watch your portions.

9. buy steroids mexico

You know the threat of your options or some of your options getting seized by your
    local custom-mades.(We make use of an extremely
    discrete mailing technique for steroids).

10. ventrilo

Excellent post. I was checking continuously this blog
    and I am amazed! Very helpful information specially the third part.
    I look after this kind of material much. I was looking for this particular info for a long
    time. Thanks and best of luck.

11. Linda Sabeh

You must include property listings so that peoplecan access them from the site.

Jeff Adams is an Expert author for He has written articles many like For more information visit our site.
    Condition: Is your house move-in ready or a
    fixer-upper.

12. forodeempleo.net

Also prevent your own child from eating some thing he or she may
    be allergic. And finally, slow up the absorption of sugar to the minimum.

13. Sacramento Web designers

youu are iin point of fact a ust right webmaster. The site loading pace
    is incredible. It kind of feels that you are doiung any distinctive trick.

Furthermore, The contennts arre masterpiece. you’ve done
    a wonderful tak on this topic!