Qdoba invited me to check out their new Knockout Tacos a few weeks back. At the last minute, I couldn’t make it. So asked me if I still wanted to try it and they could send a gift card. I accepted.
Then I got a big box left on my desk at work that had FedEx Special Delivery Instruction labels all over it because it had alcohol in it. It says to check the recipient ID that they are over 21. Also “Do not deliver to an intoxicated person.” Why can’t you? Just because they are drunk, doesn’t mean they are going to open it up and drink my alcohol. I don’t think.
Anyway, inside the box was…
– A Mexican Wrestler Mask
– A spin the wheel card with Knockout Tacos
– A plastic case with taco shells in it and a small hammer. I think I’m supposed to smash the case.
– A rubber chicken
– A metal tray to hold tacos
– A USB thumb drive that has the press release and press photos on it
– A gift card to try the new Knockout Tacos
– A mini bottle of Patron tequila. Pretty cool. But I was expecting a lot more alcohol with all the labels on the box.
So I went online to see where Qdoba is. Turns out all the ones in Manhattan have closed down. Bummer. I didn’t realize that.
Anyway, since they were nice enough to send me a box of weird stuff, here’s what the Qdoba’s new Knockout Tacos are:
– Drunken Yardbird™ is made with tangy tequila lime chicken, hand-smashed guacamole, salsa verde, cilantro, minced onion, and cotija cheese.
– Mad Rancher™ is filled with grilled chicken, bacon, hand-smashed guacamole, picante ranch, lettuce, pico de gallo and cotija cheese.
– Two Timer™ features pulled pork, salsa roja, shredded cheese, lettuce, pico de gallo, cotija cheese, and a crispy taco wrapped in a flour tortilla spread with 3-Cheese Queso.
– Triple Threat™ is comprised of juicy steak, bacon, 3-Cheese Queso, fajita veggies, pico de gallo and cotija cheese.
– The Gladiator™ has steak, bacon, pico de gallo, lettuce, Mexican Caesar dressing, cilantro and cotija cheese.
– Bohemian Veg™ is covered in shredded cheese, black beans, corn salsa, hand-smashed guacamole, salsa verde, minced onions, cilantro and cotija cheese.
…I really don’t understand the rubber chicken.